Tuesday 21 August 2012

High Street Buys of the Week...

This month I was on a high street mission to transform my wardrobe from a summer catastrophe (let's face it, 2012 was not the year for the sun!) and bring it forward ready for AW12! With style blogs and monthly glossies (hello September issue!) adorning their pages with snug knit jumpers and chunky knee high boots, I set off in search of studs, graphic tees and some much needed animal print to totally transform my style for the upcoming season...

But then the sun decided to make an appearance and made my monthly fashion purchases a complete waste of money (well almost...!) So whilst these beauties may be hanging in my closet unworn, I still can't wait for the opportunity to wear them. Bring on those Autumn months!


From left to right:

Warehouse Studded Leggings:
Warehouse are totally rocking anything studded or embellished for AW12 and an early drop of product is yet to disappoint! I just had to have these black leggings with a grungey twist. A graphic tee will channel the glam rock trend that's taking over the high street right now. www.warehouse.co.uk

H&M Grey Animal Print Jeans:
I dug these out from the summer sale at H&M as they make for a fab take on the usual skinny jean for the upcoming season. I'll be teaming them with killer metallic heels and an over sized white boyfriend shirt - let the printed jeans do the talking!
www.hm.com

Warehouse Embellished Blouse:
See what I mean about this brand and embellishment? A gorgeous blouse with billowing fabric in crisp white makes for an edgy yet feminine top. Grab your black skinny denim and your good to go!
 www.warehouse.co.uk

Forever21 Marilyn Monroe Graphic Tee:
 Forever21 is my guilty high street pleasure! On trend, quirky pieces at reasonable and affordable prices! I couldn't resist this over sized Marilyn top with a silk front. A monochrome palette enables you to team this with almost anything...
 www.forever21.com


Forever21 Cross Jumper:
My first jumper of the season officially purchased! Crosses and semi-religious emblems are everywhere right now and are quickly becoming a cult trend in the fashion world. I'll be wearing  mine with a maxi skirt and biker boots for that ultimate grunge-chic style.
www.forever21.com

Vintage Sex Pistols Crop Tee:
 I attended Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair this month (first Saturday of every month at Spitalfields Market!) and had to have this top in my life. Whether its the album cover for 'God Save the Queen' that makes such a controversial statement or the rebel against all things patriotic right now, I officially heart this top.
www.judysvintagefair.co.uk

H&M Rolling Stones Tee:
Another sale purchase from H&M; who doesn't love a good rummage for a bargain, anyway?! www.hm.com

Twinne Skull Print Tee:
Another t-shirt added to the collection comes from upcoming t shirt brand Twinne where real art is printed onto quality cotton tees. I love this skull image by talented artist Sebastiano Guerriero. www.twinne.com

What are your high street purchase this month?

Happy Shopping
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment