Wednesday 11 January 2012

Date Wear: Ice Skating

What better way to start the new year than to go on a first date. All in the cause of getting myself back out there on the dating market (jeeze I sound like a right divorcee - I am not, by the way!) I found myself in a rather peculiar situation of going ice skating. With visions of Bambi on the ice, I began to panic with what one should wear on such a date. You can't go all out to impress when there's a 98% chance you're going to spend most of the time on your backside so I turned to my faithful jeans for support.

Topshop proudly define themselves on their extensive jean collection. Tall or short, slim or curvy, there are so many different styles, colours and fits to suit all! I went for the denim skinnies, which became a godsend when it came to having to tuck them into the old ice skates - phew!

Skinny Jeans
Topshop
£38

I teamed denim with this rather lovely shirt from River Island. With gorgeous swaying fabric, I could still feel ultra feminine due to the pretty floral print and dusky colours that ooze the girly anecdote that's going to be huge this season.

Shirt
River Island
£25


The ice skating date wouldn't be complete without a much needed coat as a snug cover up. I adore the colour of this Warehouse boyfriend coat! Casual enough for the occasion, yet fashionable enough to suit my style needs - perfect.

Coat
Warehouse
£90


These days I am swearing by the good old wedge. So much comfier than a heel as the wedge gives your foot the full support it needs. Tottering to the date location in these from New Look, my feet were comfortable and looked fab plus they really did prepare me for the towering ice skates!

Wedges
New Look
£24.99

After spending not too many occasions on the bottom of my Topshop jeans, the outfit was a skating success! Plus I now have a second date - thank you high street! I'll now be turning to you during my next date dilemma!

Happy Shopping
xoxo


Product images from retail websites
Shop Online at:
www.topshop.com
www.riverisland.com
www.newlook.com
www.warehouse.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. that blouse from river island is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the date! :) and gorgeous outfit, no wonder you got a second one ;)

    Much love,
    Lauran
    xxx

    ReplyDelete