Monday 9 January 2012

I want to quit the Three Network!!

 



So it's that time again when I like to use my blog to air my rantings over good old fashioned customer service - or lack of it. This morning, I had the absolute pleasure of talking to the "customer service" team at Three network. With an array of what felt like bullying tactics, it took me 25 minutes just to cancel my broadband internet account with them.

After going through the whole "Press 1 for this option....."Press 4 for this option..." fiasco, I finally got to speak to a representative. The conversation went along the lines of this:

Customer Representative (CR) : Hello, please can I take your customer reference number?
Myself: Yes, it is 07***********
CR: Thank you. How may I help you today?
Myself: I would like to cancel my broadband account as I now have free unlimited Wifi access where I live
CR: Hello?
Myself: Hello? I would like to cancel my broadband account as I now have free unlimited Wifi access where I live
CR: I'm afraid I cannot hear you madam << (then how do you know whether I am speaking or not?)
Myself: Hello? Can you hear me?
*Phone goes dead*

Take two of going through the whole "Press 1 for this option....."Press 4 for this option..." fiasco, I finally got to speak to another representative. The conversation went along the lines of this:

Customer Representative (CR) : Hello, please can I take your customer reference number?
Myself: Yes, it is 07***********
CR: Thank you. How may I help you today?
Myself: I would like to cancel my broadband account as I now have free unlimited Wifi access where I live
CR: Ok. Can I ask why this is free?
Myself: It is provided to me by my landlord
CR: So it isn't really free?
Myself: Well it is for myself yes.
CR: But is it part of your rent?
Myself: Yes I suppose it is...
CR: So it isn't free? Can I ask how many people live in the accommodation?
Myself: There are 5 of us
CR: According to our records you continued to use the full 5GB every month so would you like me to increase your GB contract?
Myself: No thank you, I just want to cancel it...
CR: Do you use your internet for social, work or both? Is it a laptop?
Myself: Both really and yes I have a laptop but...
CR: ...so if you wanted to travel around with your laptop you would no longer have internet access?
Myself: I don't travel around with my laptop...
CR:...but if you did?
Myself: But I don't....
CR: Ok well what if the Wifi failed within your accommodation, you could use your Three contract as a back up
Myself: I don't really think that will happen, there is 5 of us living here who all require the unlimited Wifi and there has never been an issue up to now
CR: But what if the usage is met and the Wifi is cut off?
Myself: The usage provided is unlimited
CR: What if I provided you with 15 GB contract, that would be your own personal allowance still for the same charge of £15.99 a month?
Myself: I have unlimited Wifi provided by my landlord so I don't need my own contract...
CR: But for the same price you are currently paying of £15.99 a month, I can upgrade you from 5GB to 15GB that you can use anywhere and at anytime
Myself: I do not want to pay £15.99 a month for no reason when I have free unlimited Wifi already provided
CR: But it isn't free, is it? <<< (Let's not start this one again!)
Myself: I just want to cancel my account please - whether I use the provided Wifi or not, my rent remains the same price so I wouldn't be benefiting from using the Three contract. I just want to cancel my direct debit with you.
CR: Are you sure? I can look into the other offers we can provide for you? It will only take a moment...
Myself: No thank you. I just want to cancel my account.
CR: Ok. Please bear with me.

*Que a few minutes of cheesey pop music....*

CR: Miss?
Myself: Yes
CR: Thank you for waiting. Did you know that Three can now provide you with an iphone and laptop as part of your Three contract? That means you could carry on your payment with us by increasing it to £24.99 a month with 15GB plus iphone and laptop facilities? <<< (£24.99?! I want to quit not sign up to pay more money!)
Myself: No thank you. I just want to cancel my contract.
CR: But the items would be free, plus you would still have your own personal internet allowance via your broadband account.
Myself: Look (<< now I'm getting a tad impatient!) I don't want to pay more for something that is provided to me by my landlord for free. I don't want a laptop as I already have one. And I'm more of a Blackberry girl than an iphone girl. I just want to cancel my account right here right now please!
CR: Ok.

And so, at long last, I got to cancel my account! Fair enough company's have to attempt to flog leaving customers a better deal so they don't lose them, but using snappy and borderline bullying tactics to do so?

Also, if someone is so determined to leave and has a valid reason to (I have FREE unlimited Wifi, why would I a) want to pay for something I'm not using or b) pay even more money for something I still won't use?) company's should accept a customer's decision and let them. After all, the more angry you make them, the more likely they are going to write an annoyed blog post detailing the full extent of the irritating conversation and proceed to tell everyone how flipping rubbish the customer service is (bad attitude, argumentative tones - what happened to the customer is ALWAYS right, mantra?)

Have you had any bad (or maybe good!) customer service lately?


Happy Shopping (hopefully!)
xoxo



Image taken from www.threemediacentre.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment